Daughter of a Holocaust survivor, former Princess, and designer of the iconic DVF wrap dress, Diane von Furstenberg has certainly lived a notable life. But it’s not just her label that remains an outstanding pillar within the fashion industry, Diane herself continues to be an inspiration for women everywhere, with her active involvement in politics, philanthropy and mentorship. True to her sharp, efficient style, Diane answers some of our questions about being a female founder.
- What drew you to found you own entity? I was lucky to realize early in life that the most important relationship is the one with yourself. I did not know what I wanted to do but I knew the kind of women I wanted to be.
- What were the challenges being a woman in a man-dominated world? I never thought much about it. I was born and raised feminist
- What were the challenges of being a Female Founder of a company? I had no alternative… I am a woman
- Running a business can’t be easy. What have been the key challenges as a Female CEO? I am not a CEO…I am a founder (!)
- What, in your opinion, are they key achievements of you career (there are obviously so many)? Creating a dress that generations after generations women still love