The Office Space’s COVID-19 Safety Plan outlines our commitment to providing a carefully managed workspace that upholds the guidelines and the best practice advice of NSW Health, the Federal Government and Worksafe Australia. It also sets out the expectations of our staff and our clients and guests to contribute to maintaining a safe and Covid-19 free workspace.
A return to the freedoms we enjoyed pre-COVID will not happen until a vaccine is discovered. The coronavirus is still a very real threat at home, at work, and in the community, so ongoing vigilance is paramount, especially keeping the rules about physical distancing of 1.5m and practising good hand washing hygiene. If you have even the mildest symptoms, you should stay at home.
NSW COVID-19 STATUS (effective 1 December 2019)
The NSW Government has eased coronavirus restrictions, with up to 50 people allowed to gather at private residences and work-from-home orders to be repealed.
The 2 square metre rule applies if people are sitting in chairs and the 4 square metre rule applies if people are sitting on rugs or in a group.
From December 14, the public health order requiring employers to allow employees to work from home will also be repealed.
Under WHS law, all employers or businesses are required to manage the risk of COVID-19 to workers and others in the work environment.
Businesses and workers must:
- Comply with national and state public health directions
- Promote the simple but effective social distancing and hygiene measures
- Raise any concerns about the risk of contracting COVID-19 immediately with the employer and work with them to identify solutions. Learn more
- Monitor the extent of COVID-19 in your community and share advice from state and federal authorities regularly.
THE OFFICE SPACE COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
With increased numbers of people returning to the office, we reiterate the following measures that have been implemented:
- TOS staff cleaning down all surfaces in the kitchen, reception and meeting rooms with disinfectant spray frequently throughout the day.
- TOS staff disinfecting all door handles and bio locks regularly
- TOS staff disinfecting meeting rooms after each use
- Hand sanitizers available on reception counter and kitchen
- Disinfectant wipes and spray available in kitchen cupboards
- Increased office cleaning throughout the week
- An electronic log records all clients, guests, staff and service providers entering the office.
- No communal snacks will be served during this time
Please continue to play your part in stopping the spread of Covid via the following:
- Wash hands regularly and/or use hand sanitizer particularly after entering the space and touching the biolock and door handles.
- Please adhere to the social distancing guidelines and maintain 1.5 meters distance at all times
- The corridors are narrow, if you notice someone walking down, please stand aside and make room for them before passing through yourself
- If possible, email reception to provide names of guests attending space in advance of meetings
- Disinfectant spray provided for clients to regularly disinfect their own office throughout the day
- Please put dishes in directly into the dishwasher to reduce contact and risk to staff
- Please stay at home if you have even the mildest symptom of cold or flu such as cough, runny nose, sore or itchy throat etc if you see someone in the corridor, please stand aside and
- Please wash fruit before eating
We also ask that any sick clients and staff must stay home, and to not return until you are free of fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants). With negative results of a coronavirus test.
We have a log of every person that enters The Office Space, and we ask for all details of our clients visitors. This is kept for 30 days and then we start fresh. We also ask that everyone uses hand sanitizer before they enter the space.
We are regularly cleaning the offices and disinfecting surfaces, we have provided additional cleaning products for clients so they can disinfect their own offices throughout the day. There are also disposable masks available if clients would like them.
2 Square Metre Rule:
We are adhering to the recently updated Government recommendations (effective 1 December 2019) of a two square meter rule.
Our tenancy is 295sqm and there are 32 people who regularly use Paramount (including 3 staff), however, there are usually no more than 20 people on site at any one time. This gives around 10sqm per person. Regarding discrete rooms, we ask that you adhere to the following to ensure we stay within the government’s guidelines, and we have available suites at Paramount to assist you to still make use of the facilities:
- For our boardroom , we ask that only 8 people be in the room at any one time.
- For our glassroom, we ask that only 2 persons be in the room at any one time.
- For offices , we ask that only the assigned number of people occupy the suite at any one time (1 person in 1 person office, 2 in 2 person and so on).
Please don’t hesitate to contact our concierge team if you have any further questions or comments on how else we can make you feel safe as many of you start to resume a more normalised working week.