It’s no secret that COVID-19 has severely impacted international travel. But consider this … Industry research (Daily Mail) reveals that only five per cent of the world’s population has ever been on an aeroplane.
One of the simplest ways to take a break is by not crossing international date lines or even state borders and, instead, exploring your hometown like a tourist. And we think there could be no better place to Power Down after a cluster of a year than the Paramount House Hotel.
Named Hotel of the Year in the 2018 Gourmet Traveller Australian Hotel Awards, Paramount House Hotel has 29 rooms that feature natural light, soft French bedlinen, luscious potted plants, indoor-outdoor spaces and minibars worth staying in for. Of the Surry Hills boutique hotel, Gourmet Traveller’s panel of expert reviewers concluded that “[it’s] unique appeal lies in the strength of the building’s creative community and the immediate neighbourhood.”
This creative community includes:
- Paramount Coffee Project for breakfast, lunch and Sydney’s best coffee (it’s official!);
- the rooftop Paramount Recreation Club and Kiosk where you can work out with a trainer-led class, chill out with yoga or a massage, or pig out (healthily) on their new winter menu;
- restaurant Poly for a sophisticated dinner and drinks;
- the iconic Golden Age Bar and Cinema for movies and a nightcap;
- and our own Paramount office space.
With all this on offer, there’s really no need to even leave the block. However, a quick trip in any direction will take you to Sydney’s finest tourist destinations: north to the Art Gallery of NSW, the Botanic Gardens, Circular Quay and the Opera House; South for a deeper dive into hipster Surry Hills and Redfern; East to the high street shops and pubs of Paddington; and West to the galleries of Chippendale.
Enjoy a proper Paramount break and book 5+ nights in a row from $150/night for an Everyday Room using the code HOLIDAY. Offer valid until Jan 30th 2021. Terms and Conditions apply so click the booking link, or simply contact the front desk (24 hours) via email ([email protected]househotel.com) if you have any other questions.
* Paramount House Hotel is currently taking proactive, preventative measures to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of its staff and guests. View their COVID-Safe Plan here.