The ‘future of work’ and the ‘future of the workplace’ topics have been dominated by talk of automation and AI, however, the future workplace isn’t defined by tech. It’s created for people. Extraordinary advances in technology have completely deconstructed the modern workplace to put human potential first. This paves the way for a more nuanced working landscape that is founded on deep data and cutting edge technology but designed for optimal feel and function. This February The Office Space re-commences its popular Insight program by exploring The Future Workplace, and how it will be crafted with people, not technology, at the fore. Naomi Tosic, Co-founder of The Office Space, will host an expert panel of workplace innovators:
- William Smart, Founder of Smart Design Studio and multi-award winning Architect, will share the genesis and vision for Stokes 14, the new SDS headquarters within an Alexandria warehouse.
- Sarah Zerella, Organisational Psychologist for Schiavello International, will reveal her latest research findings on ‘The influence of office layout features on employee perception of organizational culture’;
- Dr Martin Tomitsch, Associate Professor in Design and the Head of Design Lab at the University of Sydney, will talk on about skills, attributes and attitudes we need for the future.
When: Tuesday 26th February, from 5:30pm for drinks, ahead of the 6-7pm panel interview
Where: Golden Age Bar and Cinema, 78 Commonwealth Street, Surry Hills
Cost: Tickets $25 (includes welcome drink and canapes) available on 82182100 or here
William Smart photo by Ted O’donnell
About Insight by The Office Space. Now in its fifth year of production, Insight by The Office Space is a business talk series that brings together innovative entrepreneurs and business leaders to explore burgeoning topics and reveal the secrets of their success under a monthly theme. Insight continues to push the boundaries by asking the pertinent questions that impact all business decision-makers, be they from small, medium or even the larger organisations, as we face continuous change and new challenges. Each month a new Insight theme is explored, delivered and debated. Our 2019 program is as follows:
- February 26th – The Future of the Workplace
- March 29th – Women in Business
- April 30th – 21st Century Communication
- May 28th – The Film Business
- June 25th – East meets West: Consciousness and Consumerism
- July 30th – Property Prosperity
- August 27th – Lifelong Learning
- September 24th – Architecture and Interiors
- October 29th – Innovation Nation
- November 26th – The Morality Crisis: Ethics in Business
All sessions start with drinks and light canapes in the Golden Age Bar from 5:30pm with the panel interview 6-7pm with the exception of March which runs 11:30am-1pm) Traversing all aspects of business across the fields of design, film, innovation, technology, finance and marketing, the program has featured speakers such as Susie Porter, Del Kathryn Barton, Vince Frost, Jan Chapman and Counsellor Jess Scully. Insight proudly supports the Sydney Community Foundation with full proceeds from ticket sales going directly to the SCF Business Incubator for disadvantaged women.