Equip is a program initiated by The Office Space to share business skills, tools and tips with its resident businesses. This July we launch our partnership with the Clearly Business Enterprise Centre, a business advisory service for small businesses in NSW that offers expert advice on management, face-to-face support and key business skill development mentoring.
THE SPECIAL DEAL
To kick start the new financial year, two exclusive FREE offerings will be available to The Office Space residents:
Offer 1: Pitch Perfect Plus How many times have you been asked ‘what do you do/what’s your business?’ How many times have you felt that you answer wasn’t quite on the mark? The Pitch Perfect workshop is designed to help you strengthen your pitch in those crucial minutes you have to concisely and precisely communicate what your business is all about – whether it be to a prospective client or someone who could become an ‘ambassador’ for your business. You will be asked to prepare and deliver your pitch to an audience of your peers (The Office Space residents and other small business attendees) who in turn will deliver their own pitches. Once done, Clearly Business Enterprise Centre advisors will provide you with structured feedback on your delivery strengths against a set of defined criteria (they will not provide feedback on the business concept itself).
- Informal relaxed atmosphere – no tables, just chairs in the workshop room (The Office Space’s Reservoir Street Level 6 Boardroom);
- Pitch – max 3 minutes per participant;
- All participants will score each other and themselves on their pitches (a very brief questionnaire will be supplied);
- Half time break – pizza and beverage – while facilitators compile the feedback for each participant and tally the peer to peer scores;
- After the break, facilitators will provide structured feedback to each of the participants;
- The winner is announced and a bottle of wine is awarded!
When: Tuesday 26 July, 5.30-7.00pm, Level 6 Boardroom, Reservoir by The Office Space, 69 Reservoir Street, Surry Hills
Booking: Places are strictly limited to x8 people maximum (so all pitches can be reviewed thoroughly), so please book early to secure your place. We will be offering ongoing Pitch Perfect Plus sessions at our Reservoir locations.
Contact: [email protected]ace.com.au / simply supply your name and request to attend the Pitch Perfect Plus workshop on 26 July
Cost: FREE, so sign-up NOW – numbers capped at 8 people!
Offer 2: Business Advisory Service Do you need ‘a set of fresh eyes’ on your business? Do you find yourself up against a brick wall on some business issues? The Clearly Business Enterprise Centre’s one-on-one business advisory service can help. They assist you in identifying areas of concern and areas of opportunity regarding your business, explore both the revenue and profit drivers within your business, and assist in strengthening your core business fundamentals, establishing key strategies and action plans to achieve your goals. These sessions are ideal for start-ups and established business who want to maximise their overall business performance.
- 2 hours of one-on-one business advisory sessions at no cost to you. These sessions form part of the Clearly Business Enterprise Centre initiative funded by the Office of the NSW Small Business Commissioner;
- The two hours can be used in one session (2 hours) or taken in x2 1 hour sessions;
- Experienced Business Advisors (all of whom have also been business owners) are mobile and will come to you at The Office Space;
- Participants will be asked to complete a feedback form.
To book: Contact: [email protected] / simply state your request for an Advisory Service. A Clearly Enterprise Business Enterprise Centre advisor will then get in touch to confirm the appointment.
Cost: FREE ANY month this year. Once you have used up your x2 consulting hours, additional consultations will be charged.
Header and Icon: Clearly Business Enterprise Centre logos